Monday, August 15, 2011

Samsung SE-S084B/RSBN External Slim USB DVD-Writer Review

writemaster01
Intro: I was looking for a slim external drive for my laptop. There are a lot of generic ones on sites like EBay. But you get what you pay for and most of the time the no name brands are pretty poor. Then I noticed that Samsung has a slim DVD Writer. And when given a chance to review it I jumped on it.

writemaster02
writemaster03
writemaster04
Design: The SE-S084 is sleek black so it’s goes with everything. The build quality is pretty good with mostly plastic structure. It small enough to pair well with any netbook. This is the main reason I wanted it was to use it with my HP 2140. At 19mm(H)x141mm(W)x157mm(D) it’s the perfect size for a small netbook.

writemaster06
writemaster07
Functions: The unit is powered by USB which is a major plus if you use it with a laptop. No ac adapter to carry around. It burns an amazing amount of formats from CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-Ram, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, and DVD+RW. Speeds are also pretty good in this unit. My laptop had no problem recognizing the drive. It includes Nero to burn all of your software. The unit uses manual ejecting to save on battery life of your laptop. And you can eject even when the unit is off which is a nice feature.

writemaster05
Conclusion: Samsung makes great products and the SE-S084 is an excellent drive for your netbook or laptop. Is small enough for travel and rugged enough to last a long time. This would be my first purchase if I were buying a laptop that doesn’t have a built in drive.

9.8 out of 10

Buy one now here
Samsung SE-S084B/RSBN External Slim USB DVD-Writer

No comments: