Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Samsung F3EG 2TB EcoGreen Drive Review


Reviewed by K.C. Kim
$179.99 Retail

I wanted more internal space as my current setup was just not cutting it. The SAMSUNG EcoGreen F3EG 2TB drive was the perfect solution. With the 2TB of space I can fill up on videos, documents, photos and other files and still have plenty of room. Now before I had to delete files because the drive was too small to fit all my content. I have read reviews of other manufacturers but found that Samsung is one of the best when it comes to large capacity drives. A lot of the 2TB drives have problems with all that space with clicking noises, DOA drives, and bad sectors. But what I hear about Samsung is that they make quality hard drives. So when I got a chance to check out the Samsung EcoGreen F3EG 2TB hard drive I jumped on the chance.


The F3EG uses 4 500GB platters to make up the 2TB of space. That's why the drive is heavier than a single platter drive. The drive incorporates 3.0Gbps SATA interface. In addition to all the features the drive is eco-friendly with less hazardous materials compared to other hard drives.


Now we as consumers need extra space and the F3EG provides that with 2TB of space. That 2TB capacity gives you up to 880 hours of DVD video or 500,000 or more songs in MP3 format. Also as HD becomes more popular we can save all of our recorded HD home videos to our hard drive and not worry about lack of space.


The new drive also uses low noise operation technology called SilentSeek and NoiseGuard to achieve a silent drive. And this drive is definitely whisper quiet.


Samsung makes some of the best hard drives and the Samsung EcoGreen F3EG is one of them. The drive can be found at great prices online. And the size of the drive along with its low noise, less heat, and performance make this the hard drive I choose to put into my PC.

9.5 Out of 10

Buy it now here
SAMSUNG HD203WI SAMSUNG SPINPOINT ECOGREEN F3EG 2TB/2000GB SERIAL SATA-2 5400RPM

Disclosure: http://cmp.ly/2/gdt48w , http://cmp.ly/5/qt8l0g

No comments: