Friday, August 19, 2011
Reviewed by K.C. Kim
* 2x 2W speakers for proper stereo sound
* Wireless connectivity to any Bluetooth® phone or MP3 player supporting the A2DP and AVRCP profiles
* Plug into any standard headphone jack with the included 3.5mm headphone retractable cable
* Built in Mic for hands free communication when paired with a suitable phone
* Large solar panel for charging the built in Lithium-Ion 1500mAh battery
* 8 Hours continuous play time at medium volume from the internal battery, 4 hours at max volume
* Touch-screen panel for remotely controlling your music, including Fast Forward and Rewind buttons, as well as Volume Control
* Includes protective case, AC/DC plug and charging cable
* Charging time: from 4 hours by AC/USB, about 12-24 hours from solar panel
* Small Dimensions: 16.5 x 5.5 x 5.5cm
* Weight: 260g, about 0.5lbs.
Intro: Let's face it even with a built in speaker the iPod touch is no boom box. So if you want to fill a room or have a pool party where everyone can enjoy music with you, check out this review.
Design: The Devotec Solar Sound Bluetooth Speaker comes in glossy black. It is attractive but a bit of a dust collector due to the glossy finish. In their defense a lot of my gadgets are glossy and attract dust. The Solar Sound looks nice and stylish with solar panels on top. The design is very minimalist and the buttons are flush with the unit on the front side. The back has a push in power button.
Function: Initially you need to pair the Devotec speaker with the iPod/iPhone. To do this simply turn on your iPod Touch then click Bluetooth in settings. Turn on the speaker and the solar sound will show up in the Touch under Bluetooth settings. It will say not connected. Click on Solar Sound icon, enter pin number, and then the iPod will connect with the speaker. Now you can play music on the iPod and the sound will come out of the Devotec speaker.
The Devotec speaker also has an audio in cable if you do not have a Bluetooth media device. Simply connect one end to the headphone jack of the mp3 player and the other end to the Devotec Solar Sound.
The Devotec speaker can charge two ways. Put the speaker where it's sunny and it will charge by solar power. Or you can just use the usb cable and ac adapter to charge the internal battery the normal way.
Once I connected the speaker I can sound a loud clear sound that can fill a room with music. The speaker has a play pause button speaker and volume controls.
Conclusion: The Devotec Solar Sound Bluetooth speaker is versatile that it can be used in a car or outside lounging. It can be charged by solar power which is a great plus. No other speaker is a take anywhere speaker like this is. It is attractive, affordable, and bringing you big sound in a small design.
9.7 Out of 10
Order the Solar Sound HERE
Devotec also sent me a Solar powered keychain light. Not sure if this is included in every order or just the review unit.