Monday, August 15, 2011
Reviewed by K.C. Kim
* CPU Ingenic JZ4732 @ 400MHz (MIPS architecture)
* RAM 32MB
* Internal Storage 4GB
* Additional Storage MiniSD/SDHC (MicroSD/SDHC with adapter)
* Input D-Pad, 2 shoulder, 4 face, Start & Select buttons, Mic.
* Outputs Stereo Speakers, Headphone Jack & TV-out w/ included cable
* Display 2.8" LCD, 320x240 resolution, 16M colors
* Battery 3.7V 1700mAH (6.29WH) Li-Ion, approx. 7 hours run time
* Video Playback RM, MP4, 3GP, AVI, ASF, MOV, FLV, MPEG
* Audio Playback MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC, RA
* Radio Digital FM Tuner
* Recording Supports digital recording of voice and radio
* Software Support Free SDK Available
* Dimensions 4.92in x 2.17in x 0.59in
* Weight 11.53 oz.(110g)
I first saw the Pocket Retro Game Emulator a while back but it was so popular that it sold out quickly at Thinkgeek.com. So now in present time I was able to finally get a hold of the little micro sized handheld. This little game handheld has been getting a lot of attention online from retro gamers. In fact there are several websites dedicated to this handheld game system. It is also known as the Dingoo A320 in China.
The Pocket Retro Game Emulator has a designed that looks like a Gameboy micro with a bit of Sony PSP style. What I like about it is that it can fit in a pocket, something the PSP can’t do unless you wear cargo pants. So this thing you can carry around and play hundreds of older titles that we grew up on. This is also great for kids to enjoy when games were less violent and more about the challenge.
There are still a lot of gamers who like to play Sonic or Super Mario Bros. And this is what the Pocket Retro Game Emulator is geared towards. The handheld officially emulates GBA, NES, NeoGeo, SNES, CPS1/CPS2, and Sega Mega Drive/Genesis. Unofficially there are even more emulators from the community who support the pocket game player. I have tested several of my favorite games and while it’s not perfect it’s darn good. Also there is several 3D and 2D games included out of box. Most of the built in games are pretty fun and time wasters.
Not only is this a game player but it’s also an MP3 and Video player. The internal 4GB of memory can be filled with your favorite songs and movies. It even has TV out for an even better experience.
The Pocket Retro Game Emulator is just a fantastic item that everyone should get. For a Benjamin you get a handheld where you can play for hours and hours of retro gaming. Its cool design, cheap price, and tons of uses makes it a great buy. This should be on everyone’s early Christmas list. Hurry before it sells out again!
9.7 Out of 10
Order one now at ThinkGeek HERE