Sunday, July 22, 2007

Mobile View reviews HTC Touch


Here's a summary of Allistair Lee's thoughts on the HTC Touch

Do I like the Touch? Surprisingly, despite its rather run-of-the-mill hardware specifications, I found that I really do like it. Also, unlike some other Pocket PC phones I've tested, I feel comfortable using it. The only real issue I have is the text input. Without a keypad or a keyboard or even a usable software keyboard/alphanumeric keypad, sending SMS messages on this device can be challenging. And while the text-input issue can hopefully be addressed in the next ROM update, those looking for 3G Internet surfing or video-calling will have to wait till another version of the Touch comes along. Top marks to HTC for the effort. It is not quite there yet in terms of the interface, but this is definitely a step in the right direction. The phone size and price are just right, in my opinion.
Read the entire review here

via Mobile-View.org

No comments: