Wednesday, December 10, 2008
The Alpha 400 is powered by a 400 MHz MIPS processor in place of the standard Intel Atom CPU. The specs aren't that impressive, because it features only 128 RAM & 1 GB of flash storage.
The Alpha 400 runs on a customized Linux Operating System.
* Linux 2.4 Operating System
* MIPS XBurst 400 MHz 32-bit CPU
* 128 MB RAM
* 1 GB NAND Flash Storage
* 10/100 MB Ethernet interface
* 802.11b wireless
* Supports External Hard Drive up to 160 GB
* Supports SD Card up to 32 GB
* Xiptech application software packages (Xip office, Flash player)
* 7-inch digital panel 800 x 480 true-color
* Keyboard with TouchPad
* Supports File Sizes up to 8 MB
* Built-in SD Card slot
* 3 USB ports
* RJ-45 Ethernet port
* Headphone in
* Microphone in
* Diensions (closed): 1.1 x 8.25 x 5.6-inches
The BELCO Alpha 400 is very low priced at $169.95/130 Euros.